Saturday, September 24, 2011

HIS Righteousness

I am finding that delicate balance of being in the world but not of it.  I am learning, however and always will be.  When Jesus determined the time was right to shine his brightness into my life he did it by displaying complete love, kindness, and acceptance.  HE accepted ME.  Sure there were many things that needed to change (and I was aware of it)  but his acceptance of me right then and there trumped my current sinfulness.  It had to... because if it didn't, at that moment, I don't think I could have approached him.

So I began on the path with Jesus.  Now looking back over the past 11 years.....

I used to get so worked up about people. People professing belief yet not obeying. And that's understandable.  But the anger of my flesh did not produce the righteousness of God.  You could say I was busy "pleasing" God and not "trusting" God...with people.

Sometimes Christians can be afraid of certain sins and not others. I used to be this way. I used to have a homosexual boss. Eeeek! Homosexuality! Really? Aside from being amused by his mannorisms and making the occasional joke about him behind his back, I thought oh man, he is FAR from God. One day God spoke to me at work and showed me that my bosses sin of homosexuality was no different than my other co-workers sin of heterosexual fornication, or yet another co-workers sin of unbelief.  How about Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses? What about idolatry?  What about the idol of spending too much money on your own comfort, finding comfort in food, or comfort in smoking instead of contentment in being still and knowing HE is God? Not sharing your money with those in need? Making out with your boyfriend/girlfriend? Being prideful because of your prolonged obedience to God's commands?  Thinking your better or more spiritual than another person?  And the list goes on and on. 

It's all missing God's mark of perfection. 

We are all just people created in the image of God and happen to be deceived by different doctrines, lifestyles, sins.

Look at what a loving God we serve.  He patiently corrects and rebukes us with the precision of a surgeons scalpel.  God's commandments and word can never be compromised but don't throw a person away when they are stumbling around, even when they "should" know better...because God doesn't.   Trust God that you are not condoning anothers sin just because you are lovingly trying to restore them.  Some people flounder and go through deep valleys. I go through them too.  And we can never think we are more righteousness than another because really, it is JESUS who is the righteousness one that put's his spirit within us....apart from that we are still just that filthy rag that that floundered in sin until God lovingly looked upon us.  HE keeps us from sin.  I don't ever want to stop living that truth.  I want to stay tightly knit to the vine of Christ, being gentle with other people, because my own goodness gets me into a place where I end up needing repentance.






Ephesians 2 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment